The Sandstone ridge is dotted with clever, passionate artisans, farmers, and entrepreneurs making some of the tastiest food in the country.
We are currently upgrading our 'Food and Drink' Webpage, in which we will share the stories of some of those individuals who are proud to be businesses on The Sandstone Ridge.
The farmed landscape of the Sandstone Ridge makes it the perfect place for delicious, fresh local produce and our local shops, pubs, restaurants and accommodation take great pride in serving high quality products sourced locally.
Here are a few ideas to whet your appetite as we construct our new Webpage ...
- Alpine style cheese, made here on The Ridge at Larkton Hall Farm
- Prime Hereford grass-fed beef from 'Happy Beef' where 'Happiness Comes First' and sold from the farm near Frodsham (Gateway to The Ridge) — image courtesy of Happy Beef
- Weetwood Ales Cheshire Brewery — award winning premium beers near Tarporley (heart of The Ridge)
- Delicious ice cream from Cheshire Ice Cream Farm at Tattenhall, made using fresh milk sourced from cows that graze the fields on the footslopes of The Ridge
- Local butchers serving their customers locally sourced meat, poultry and game — Burrows at Bunbury comes to mind ...
- Pure, clear and refreshing water from Peckforton Hills Spring Water based in Tattenhall
Keep watching as our Webpage goes live ...