The Cheshire Ploughing Match is celebrating 95 years.
The Society was originally formed by a group of Cheshire farmers to settle an argument about who had the best ploughmen and hedge-layers; this was in the days when large numbers of people were employed on the land and all the ploughing was done using horses.
Time marches on, and the event is now regarded to be the leading 'Agricultural Trade Show', together with working demonstrations, in the North West of England.
Full details below:
- Location — Doddington Park Farm, Doddington, Nantwich CW5 7PG (by kind permission of Lady Rona Delves Broughton).
- Date — Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Time — 9am-5pm
- Admission — £15 (includes free programme and parking)
- Free Admission to Children under the age of 16 years.
- Admissions with Student Card Discount — £7
- Includes — Shire Horses, Tractor Ploughing, Hedge-laying Competition, Machinery Demonstrations, Trade Stands, Bar & Refreshments
CLICK HERE to visit the Website.