World Environment Day is on Wednesday 5 June, the theme of which is 'Air Pollution'.
It's one thing to make a note of the date but, importantly, give some thought (in advance) to what you might do.
The message is simple: 'we can't stop breathing, but we can do something about the quality of air that we breathe'.
Small things which can help tackle Air Pollution:
- Use public transport, car share, cycle or walk
- Turn off your car engine when you are stationary
- Switch to energy-efficient vehicles
- Reduce consumption of meat and dairy to help cut methane emissions
- Compost organic food items and recycle non-organic waste
- Switch to high-efficiency equipment
- Save energy by turning off lights and any electrical devices when not in use
- Reduce, re-use, re-cycle,