What brings visitors back to The Cheshire Sandstone Ridge time and time again? Without doubt, it is the stunning landscapes, the inspiring walks and cycle ways, the heritage and the wildlife.
On a clear day, you can see 8 different counties and enjoy panoramic 360-degree views across the Cheshire Plain.
With 368 km of public rights of way, there are plentiful ways to explore this magical place.
The sun is shining, so pull on those walking boots, pack the sun cream and plenty of water, and explore the Cheshire Sandstone Ridge.
- Take a walk up to Old Pale Heights and feast on the views of several counties.
- Explore our Iron Age Hillforts which are well documented.
- Visit Beeston Castle for its week-long 'Kids Rule' activities.
- Walk part (or all!) of the Sandstone Trail.
- Climb up Frodsham Hill which rises to 500 feet (252 metres) and which forms the northern end of the Mid-Cheshire Ridge.
- Enjoy breath-taking panoramic views from the rocky summit of Helsby Hill with its ancient defences.
The list goes on — CLICK HERE for lots of ideas.