We're getting excited!
The Events Programme for our Sandstone Ridge inaugural 'Walk and Ride Festival' is signed off and is now with the printers.
The Festival will take place between 5-13 October.
- There are TWENTY (20) events distributed throughout The Ridge and which cover walking, cycling and horse-riding
- All events are provided free of charge — just one event requires a donation
- Each event will be listed on 'Eventbrite' and must be pre-booked — we will let you know when the Walk and Ride Festival booking system is 'live' and we will provide all the necessary links to make your booking as seamless as possible
And a taste of the locations to whet your appetites ....
- Frodsham — our northern 'Gateway to The Sandstone Ridge'
- Rawhead — the highest point on The Ridge at 227m (746ft) above sea level and boasting one of 2 Trig Pillars on The Sandstone Ridge
- National Trust sites — involving current and future management
- Mid Cheshire Bridleways — some of which will include the Delamere Loop and Delamere Forest
- Bickerton Hill — offering some spectacular outcrops and viewpoints
- Views from The Ridge — at every turn in this magical landscape, the views are simply breathtaking
- Flood Management — The Sandstone Ridge Trust supports the long-term future of Cheshire's Sandstone Ridge
- Hillforts — we have them in abundance
- Castles — we have them too (but not everyone has a 'Roundhouse')
Keep watching this space for updates ....