Below are the latest traffic notices for CarFest North to assist local residents, local farmers and Sandstone Ridge businesses in planning their journeys ....
- Bolesworth Hill Rd will be subject to a one-way system to allow caravan traffic into the event on the morning of Friday 26th and be reversed on Sunday 28th and Monday 29th July.
- Residents of Tattenhall and Milton Green please note, there will be a route in and out of the area at all times, via Frog Lane to the A41 — Bolesworth is not planning to use Frog Lane for festival traffic.
Anticipated Peak Times
- Visitors will be arriving/departing over a period of hours. The peak times below are the times when the traffic will be at its heaviest. Poor weather conditions may affect peak times and overall traffic numbers.
- Thursday 25 July — Early bird arrivals 4pm-8pm
- Friday 26 July — Arrival Time 8.30am-12pm — Departure Time 9.30pm-11pm
- Saturday 27 July — Arrival Time 9am-10.30am — Departure Time 9.30pm-11.30pm
- Sunday 28 July — Arrival Time 9am-10.30am — Departure Time 9.30pm-11pm
- Monday 29th July — Departure Time 9am-10.30am.
- There will be temporary 40mph speed limits on the A41 and A534 from 00:01 on Thursday 25 July until 23:59 on 29 July.
- Comprehensive event signage will be in place throughout the event to direct all visitors onto the correct routes to gain access to the event.
Temporary Road Closures
In order to keep the traffic moving smoothly it may be necessary to close 2 approach roads to all but event traffic. These are:
- Rocky Lane at junction with Frog Lane Friday 26 — Sunday 28 July 06.00-13.00 and 19.00-23.00 daily and 28 July 06.00-13.00.
- Bolesworth Hill Road at junction with Bolewsworth Road, Friday 26 — 28 Junly 00.00-23.59 daily and 29 July 00.00-13.00
Temporary Traffic Lights
- Temporary lights will be in place to manage the departure of event visitors. These will operate from 6pm to midnight on Friday 26, Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 July and also Monday 29 July 08.00-13.00.
Temporary Traffic Lights will be located at:
- A41 at Chowley Lodge (Friday-Monday Exit)
- A41/Old Coach Road (Available w/c 23 July — 30 July)
- A534 at Harthill Lane (Friday-Monday Exit)
- A534 at Bolesworth Hill Road ( Sunday and Monday Exit)
- Festival traffic coming from the South & East will approach on the A534 from Nantwich and the M6.
- Festival traffic from either the North or North East will approach from the M6/M56 and A49 onto the A534.
- Festival traffic from Mid and North Wales as well as the M53 Liverpool will approach from both directions on the A41 from Chester and A534 from Wrexham.
- The traffic will then be directed to one of the car parks around the estate.
Whilst the organisers will make every effort to work with this plan, changing conditions may require changes to be made when prior notice cannot be given.
We wish Bolesworth Estate success in this premier event on The Sandstone Ridge.